Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Caught in the Rain



'...if you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain'

Well, they're not pina coladas, but you get the point. A couple of months ago my friend came down her university city to mine, Cardiff, for a much-needed catch up, which was naturally paired with several coffees and cocktails. I took her to somewhere my friends had been for first dates or just for some cheeky 'Sex on the Beach' (the cocktail, you dirty-minded people) but I had never actually been before myself (only briefly on one of their club nights) - Buffalo; a bar by day, intimate club by night, this restaurant is tucked away on one of the side streets off of Cardiff's central shopping strip; Queen Street. Inside was fairy light-lit and buzzing - even at 4pm - so much so there was no seating left inside, probably because it was pissing it down outside (welcome to Wales). But the barman assured us that the outside terrace was undercover and seating was heated.

BEST. THING. EVER.

As for the cocktails, the whole menu is on a BOGOF offer before midnight most nights of the week, so my friend and I bought two of each cocktail and split them between us. One which I think was called 'Bramble'; with a gin base infused with lime and syrups over crushed ice. And the second, and my personal favourite, 'The Frozen Daquiri'; this time a rum base with raspberry syrup - coming together to resemble an adult-appropriate slush puppy.

Nevertheless what with the heated seats, adult slush puppies, and of course, the good company - Buffalo was a definite hit! What's your favourite cocktail? For me it's definitely a Mojito!

No comments:

Post a Comment