Pages

Sunday 19 July 2015

July's Read


My reading schedule used to stretch to just one or two issues of Elle a month, but in the last couple of months I have rekindled my love for picking up a paperback and gettimg stuck into a story. Plus a good book goes great with a good cup of tea...

I know that a lot of people will already have this book on their to-read list this month, as the film is set to release next month in the UK *squeals*. I've been a fan of John Green's books since before my break from reading, so as I left this book half-read a couple of years ago I thought it would be the perfect time to give it another go. 

Much like John Green's other books, the beginning of the story moved at a slow pace, which in a way I quite like, as it really sets the scene before things get interesting. The plot follows character Q, or Quentin Jacobsen; an American teenager with a few friends, a band, drives his mum's van, and is secretly fascinated by his next-door neighbour, Margo Roth Speigelman, played by the babin' Cara Delevigne in the film, obvs. One night, she knocks on his bedroom window and they spend a night driving around town causing chaos. The next morning, Margo is gone. And Q makes it his job to find her.

This book will make you laugh (out loud), possibly a bit teary, and finishing it in around 3 days, I can confirm that you won't want to put it down. Or for it to finish. Ever.

What is your book of the month? Share your latest reads in the comments or tweet me @deskparties! I'd love to hear your recommendations...

No comments:

Post a Comment