Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Packing Light For A One-Nighter.


If you've been keeping your eyes peeled on my Instagram (@deskparties if you want a quick once over) you will know that I recently took a second trip down to Wales, to visit my best friend at university and go on my first university night out. And as I chose to take a third year at college this year, visiting Swansea is not only amazing as I get to see my best girl friend and her housemates, but also for testing the university waters first hand for in six months time.

A night out and staying over called for taking more than a lipstick, my phone and ID; the standard contents of my evening clutch - but I also didn't want to be running around Swansea train station with 474759 bags on my arms. So relied on a few trusty tips that are great to slimline your suitcase for visiting friends, going home for a weekend or a mini break.

Roll, roll, roll your clothes
This is a trick I picked up from my mum. Rolling your clothes into a sausage-the shape saves twice the amount of space in your bag, as it is more compressed than when you fold them. This tip is especially useful for jumpers, as those darn things take up way too much space that it's not even funny. Another thing I always do is to stuff my underwear in any shoes I have packed. Although, try not to forget they are in there before going to put your boots on in the morning...

Decant err'thang
As a self confessed hoarder of all things beauty and skincare, I find it hard to find the space for all the products I use on a daily basis, because let's face it, I'm not the kind of girl who's morning routine consists of a quick mouthwash and a couple of face wipes. And I know I am not alone, so this tip is handy for my fellow beauty hoarders. Not only is decanting incredible for space saving, but it saves you having to purchase all of your favourite products in minature form (so small but so pricey!). I love the travel bottle set from Primark, it costs a couple of pounds and comes with stickers so you don't confuse your cleansers and conditioners. And I can tell you from personal experience, it's not as fun as it sounds.

Bring things that multitask
Three-in-one hair washes, moutrising serums, tinted lip balms. You name it, I've got it. Taking products that do than one job makes your toiletry bag that bit lighter, and saves you time getting ready in the morning, which is particularly useful when you're catching the early train or plane home.

No comments:

Post a Comment