Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

The Weekend Post: Taking Time


I'm not going to lie; I've had a pretty bad week. I've been working more than usual, as well as keeping up with college projects and revision, so sleep has been pretty limited. What's more is that I got rejected by a guy I've liked for a good few months. It could be worse, but come this weekend and I. Am. So. Tired. In both the literal and figurative senses.

So if you are mending a broken heart, stressed out to the max, or just feeling under the weather, here are a few ways that I like to take some time out today, that can hopefully inspire you to do the same. Because that's what Sunday's are for, right?

Get a make-under
Slap off the makeup, tie your hair back and let your skin breathe. Yes, those sunglasses might be necessary to hide hideous eye bags and/or any breakouts, but your skin will thank you for it. And it's a physical reminder that today is for you, and you only. 

Switch it off 
Work email notifications? No thanks. Apologetic texts from said ex-boyfriend/ex-crush? A-bye-bye. Remove any negative or stressful energy by removing yourself from the negative or stressful situation. However if the feelings still haunt you, engage yourself in something creative. Even if it's composing an angry poem or even email. As long as it rhymes, right?

Think forward
Sundays are first and foremost for relaxing, but a useful way to spend the latter of the day - one F.R.I.E.N.D.S marathon and several one-bite brownies later - is to plan for the week ahead. I usually aallocate daily tasks, but weekly goals are good, too. Try not too think too big: make doable goals. I find planning the reward for completing it quite useful too, who wouldn't want an excuse to treat themselves to something they love? For me? This time next week I aim to be sporting a new red lipstick while scoffing a bag of mini eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment