Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Five-Product Face


If you are a fellow student, full time business women or a go-getter, and if you are anything like me; a girl with far too much makeup to her name, you will know the struggle to find a routine for slapping on your face, without wasting half an hour in front of the mirror that most days, you just don't have. Enter the five product face - which gives me bright enough skin, and enough coverage, as well as making me look somewhat put together.

Starting with a speedy layer of foundation; I recently tweeted for any suggestions for foundations for very pale skin, as my Bourjois Healthy Mix in Light Vanilla is too dark on me at the moment, several of you suggested Rimmel's Wake Me Up in Light Porcelain. It's the perfect colour match and it does what it says on the tin. I actually look as if I have slept when I slap this on. Then I quickly follow with my honorary 6th product (if I don't have time I'll pop some of the foundation under my eyes) the Wake Me Up Concealer if I've had a particularly rough night.

Next I add shape and some warmth to my face with Soap and Glory's Solar Powder: the perfect bronzer-meets-contour shade that ensures if you don't have time for both, this product is the one to turn to.

After quickly chiseling some cheekbones it's time for the eyes. Somedays I will only have time for a few lashings of mascara; currently I am trialling and testing Benefits new Rollerlash Mascara that is free in this months issue of ELLE magazine; sticky lipglosses and rubbery fake lashes as magazine supplements are now a thing of history. So far, so good with this product - the wand is very flexible and seperates, defines and blackens your eyelashes very effectively. 

However most days, my mascara will follow a very thick, very long winged line of Collection's Fast Stroke Liner. Applies easily, intensely black and doesn't budge - and you know it won't budge even if it's been a really long day at the office, or series of lectures. Trust me, I've put this stuff to the test.

The quickest way to achieve a quick but put together look is to rock a red lip, and recently I have been reaching for NARS' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella - the perfect blue-toned red and the pencil nib acts as a liner and lippy in one. Can you tell I love a good multitasking product. However if I am not feeling the red I am usually using the same pencil product, but in the shade Desansco. It's satin finish feels super soft and natural on the lips, perfect for an off duty look.

Now the makeups done, where's my large soya latte...



No comments:

Post a Comment