Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

The Weekend Post: Hot Chocolate on a Hilltop




If you've had your eyes on my Instagram (@deskparties if you wanted a quick peek before reading on) I spent a week over Christmas with my family in one of our favourite holiday destinations, Slovenia; a small country wedged between Italy and Croatia in the heart of the Julian Alps. After visiting the same town countless times, it's fair to say we know the town of Bled inside out. And the cafe Slaščičarna Šmon, or as we nickname it, The Brown Bear for fear of putting the Slovenian language to shame.

It can be found on the top of a hill along the road Grajska cesta, this restaurant small but mighty, with cake cabinets filled to the brim and the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. So on our last day I light what better way to send off our holiday, and warm up in the snow that started falling that day, than sipping on a cup of what tastes like pure melted chocolate. I plan on doing a photo diary post of my holiday in the near future, so keep your eyes on the blog next Wednesday. 

Needless to say I am missing my holiday and that hot chocolate is now a thing of my dreams. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment