Pages

Thursday 9 October 2014

The Weekend Post: Coffee And Catch Up




It's become a tradition of mine in the last couple of months to send in the weekend with a soy latte; the calm before the storm of being a Saturday salesgirl at our local garden centre. So I thought I would take this moment of calm to catch up with my readers of my little corner of the Internet.

It's been several weeks that I have been studying for my third year at college, so I have established my old routines. Sleeping in on a Monday before a 11am lecture is beyond brilliant and very necessary before the full week ahead. As for my studies, my fast track business is anything but the wrong choice, and my retake for my second year of Anthroplogy has sent me back stronger and savvier than ever. But one things for sure is that I miss being with people my age, particularly my friends, who have all started at uni and surely settled in. 

As for work, I am putting my work ethic to a test. I am constantly on the go, cycling miles a day commuting from class to job, and although it's tiring and testing my brain power, I am loving every second of it. And even though I still drag myself to my Saturday job, I am happy to have great colleagues at both of my jobs to keep me company.

As I decided to quit cheerleading a few months ago, I bit the bullet and joined my local gym. I am going after college on days I don't work (twice a week) and I feel so much better for some high impact exercise back in my routine. I also am beginning to love my thrice weekly dog walks with my puppy, Skye. She's a cheeky girl but I love her to bits.

Looking forward, I am about to begin applying for university, by first tackling my personal statement - oh crap. On the flip side having my blog is a constant reminder of how much I love English Language and writing, which essays and applications can make me bloody resent the task. Amd as for blog content, I am aiming to post twice a week (on Wednesdays and Sundays) so keep your eyes peeled for brand new blog content on those days on Desk Parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment