Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

In My Bag: College Edition





Hello again! I am currently writing this from an overcrowded library surrounded by 17 year olds and the faint smell of fast food. Which can only mean one thing - college has started again. As I am studying my third and final year I have finally collected what I would consider my college essentials.

I have carried a rucksack pretty much everyday I have been studying here, and my go to at the moment is my New Look Rucksack in a pale lilac colour, which you would have seen photographed for my 5 things for your first day post. It's big enough for A4, perfect for worksheets, and has several pockets including a massive front pocket, which I mainly use for secret snacking in lectures, but it's also handy for carrying stuff too.

First thing to mention is that 99% of the time I don't take written notes in class. Shock horror. Instead, I have slimlined with my new iPad Mini I got for my 18th birthday. It's the perfect size for my rucksack and even my smaller tote bag for working and blogging out of college. And not having to lug several notebooks and folders around with me all day is the main selling point. So teamed with my document folders from WHSmith, for any worksheets or coursework I need to transport home crease free, I have the perfect lecture line up. But just in case I encounter an uber complicated graph or task that can't be typed up, I keep a notebook on hand for these emergencies.

As for stationery, I have two pencil cases; a cute pencil print number from Tesco, and a clear exam style pouch from Sainsburys. And they are both necessary; the printed pouch houses all my essentials: pencils, pens, sharpies, you know the drill. The clear case contains my unhealthy obsession for colourful ones. Inside you can spot my most loyal stationery items; the staedtler ball points, and the flouro version by Staples. Both brilliant for making boring equations and key words stand out in your notes or revision. 

And as true blogger, I keep a notebook handy for any spur of the moment ideas, and for sneakily writing posts in library booths. At the moment I am jotting in these patterned composition pads from Homesence. Super cheap and super cute.

I keep my beauty bag simple, however keep your eyes peeled for a specific post in the very near future, but for now let's appreciate how adorable this makeup bag from H&M is. Just adorable. And usually it houses the lip colour and scent I am wearing that day, touch ups including concealer and eyeliner, a mirror, hairbands, bobby pins, paracetamol and hay fever tablets. So overall very unglamourous. 

For my front pocket, I keep my keys, coin purse, work and college ID, tissues and as mentioned earlier, any secret snacks for munching in lectures. As for my phone and card wallet, I keep this in the fastened main section for safekeeping. 

And now for the taboo of all 'what's in my bag' posts, the 'sea of shite' at the bottom of my bag. And if you insist this doesn't exist in your handbag, you're not fooling anyone. Receipts, mints, lip products, pens, more lip products, sometimes even a pair of socks. Pretty impressive after only 2 weeks of college starting, I must say...








No comments:

Post a Comment