Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

5 Reasons Why Bright Lips Are Better



If you asked me what my favourite lipstick colour was 12 months ago, it would be a nude rosey pink. Ask me now and it's a toss up between a blue toned pink or orange-red. Whether I am having a good skin day or suffering with the hangover of all hangovers, the bright way is always the right way. So today I am going to convince you with 5 reasons a bright lip is always better.

It makes your skin look brighter
I have quite a dull complexion, so after applying generous helpings of highlighter and bronzers for a bit of colour, I feel that if I follow with a bright pink, it makes my skin appear more radiant and sun kissed, even in the later months of the year. I try to avoid darker lip colours when I am lacking vitamin d, as the deep tones wash my pale winter skin out. 

There's a bright to suit anyone
Okay, so the first application of a vibrant red may not be suited to a more shy soul, because like it or not, you will stand out. But there is a bright that suits everyone. For example, I have a light to medium skin tone and very yellow undertones in my skin. So I know blue toned reds and pinks (think MAC's Russian Red) suit me best, as they are the opposite to my yellow undertones in my face. On the flip side, any orange or golden/yellow toned pink completely dulls my skin and washes me out, as they clash with my yellow undertones. 

It adds colour to an all-black outfit
This is my favourite one, as I am a self-confessed basics hoarder, I am all for the monochrome trend all year round. But sometimes wearing darker colours can make you appear quite moody and dark, so a bright lip not only lightens my mood, but makes you appear more approachable, put together and individual. 

Blue toned brights make your teeth look whiter
Going back to the colour wheel, as yellow and blue are on opposite ends of the colour spectrum, it means that these cherished blue toned brights will brighten your mouth, and the blue hues will draw out any yellow colouring on your teeth. Genius.

It lifts a bad mood
On mornings that I don't feel 100% myself, I want nothing more than to slip into a jumper and leggings and wish away the day. A simple face base is my fallback for bad days, so applying a brighter colour will lift my face, and for every time I look in the mirror at my pretty pout, my mood will move upwards too.

1 comment:

  1. I love red lipstick, it is my mainstream this autumn!

    www.elenaurbonaviciute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete