Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

The Saturday Night Out






Oh Monday, you are my enemy right now. Particularly this week; as on Saturday I had my first night out/clubbing experience. Boy, it was good.

Me and 12 of my friends hopped into our local Italian 'Da Vincis' for some good grub, then I followed their footsteps as they showed me how to have a good night in our town. I had their spinach and ricotta tortelloni in a rich creamy sauce *drools* with a glass of rosé (because, now I can!). After our meal, we popped into the local pub for a drink, before heading to the clubs. We danced the night away and I didn't get home until after 2am. 

The first thing I organised for my birthday was in fact my outfit - #bloggerproblems or what? I lept into this strapless jumpsuit number, partnered with this beautiful beaded clutch, from none other than F&F, or otherwise known as Tesco. I definitely would not expect this outfit to be a supermarket purchase being such good quality and wonderful fit.
I spent most of my evening on the dance floor, so by about midnight I abandoned my 4 inch platform heels for my trusty Primark flats. Nevertheless these heels are actually the only pair I own. Yes, you read that correctly. Thankfully they are so simple and worked nicely with the outfit, so I opted out of buying a new pair of heels. Perhaps next time...

I wanted to wear things that made me feel comfortable, and in turn the most confident, so I kept my face makeup bronzed and fresh, all thanks to my NYC 'Sunny' Bronzing Powder, and a few dabs of the Soap & Glory . For my eyes I used my much-loved Naked Basics Palette to create a subtle smokey eye, and my favourite eyeliner of the moment; Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner (in love) and the matching mascara. And for my lips I was very excited to test drive Revlons Moisture Balm Stain in Barcelona Nights, which stood the test of time as it dried almost instantly and lasted all night - so it was smiles all round in the lip department.

Overall I had a great first night out on the to'on, but let's not get too carried away, we all know my next will be how I found a new flavour of green tea in Sainsburys.

No comments:

Post a Comment